Aroma Beads are tiny, clear polymer beads for making sachets, room fragrancers, and potpourri, also called Luminettes. Here are instructions on how to use these beads:
- Fill a glass jar with aroma beads, leave some room at the top
- Add fragrance oil - you can use 1 - 2 oz of fragrance per pound of aroma beads. It will depend on the fragrance, thicker, more viscous fragrances take longer to absorb
- If you would like to add color, you may do so, but go easy! It only takes a drop. Be sure to use the liquid candle dye - water based dyes and chips will not work.
- Cover your jar with a lid and shake well to distribute all of the oil through the aroma beads
- Allow the fragrance to soak into the beads. This can take anywhere from 24 hours to a week or so, depending on the thickness of the fragrance oil. Shake your jar periodically to ensure complete mixing.
- When your beads are completely dry, they are ready for use. If you can't get them to dry, you may need to add some more beads to soak up the oil. Just add more, shake well and allow to continue drying.
Once your beads are complete dry, you can use them in a variety of ways -- add them to sachet bags, use as a decorative accent with silk or dried flowers, car fresheners, etc.
You can also bake these into shapes. Set your oven to 200 °F. Using an old cookie sheet arrange your beads into the patterns you would like. The best way to do this is with old metal cookie cutters. Just add your beads to the cutter. Be sure not to make too thick! A nice layer in the cutter works well. Then bake for 45 minutes.
This product does not qualify for free shipping but will count toward your $100 purchase.